Voice Interfaces and Usability
- Voice Interfaces: Assessing the Potential – Jakob Nielsen claims that voice interfaces will not replace screens as the medium of choice for most user interfaces.
- Something in the air: An interface only a mother could love – a refreshing critique on voice interface from IBM’s developerworks website
- Designing Highly Effective Voice Applications: Lessons in the Art and Science of Voice User Interfaces – Free Voice Usability Webcast Series
- Google Voice Search allows you to make a telephone call to Google with a search query and get the results on a web page
- Voice User Interface – a research paper from the NetUsability.org website (MS Word file).
Anniversary of the day… 2003 is the tenth anniversary of the Online Books Page — listing free books on the web.